Usher in the new year with a crop of inspiring fresh ideas across home design.
To help you keep up with the latest décor trends, celebrity interior designer, Taniya Nayak, has pulled together the top five home design trends for 2019 to provide inspiration no matter your personal taste.
1. Natural and Organic. Bring a touch of Mother Nature into your home with this trend that accentuates earthy, organic elements. Nayak recommends adding layers of textures, like natural raw jute, and incorporating muted tones, such as terra cotta, moss green or mustard, to achieve this nature-inspired style.
2. Feminine and Free. This style embraces a pastel palette of pale blue, pink and cream to achieve a romantic and glam look. Infuse this trend into your space by creating a striped accent wall with soft-hued tones or alternate different paint finishes, such as eggshell and satin, in the same color for a dimensional effect. Bring the look to life with fresh greenery and indoor plants.
3. Eclectic and Bold. Nayak says “own your own style and show it off…make a statement!” An easy way to achieve this bold trend is to paint a door, an accent piece or even a ceiling in a bright color, like Jester Red or Ceylon Yellow. Unsure if bold colors are for you? Take a look in your closet to see which shades you tend to gravitate toward most.
And when it comes to achieving clean, sharp paint lines, one of Nayak’s go-to tools is a premium painter’s tape like FrogTape brand painter’s tape that delivers the sharpest paint lines possible. Treated with patented PaintBlock Technology, FrogTape is a foolproof way to get professional-looking results and eliminate the need for touch-ups.
4. Fluid and Fashionable. Create a space that exudes effortlessness by infusing repetitive patterns and fluid transitions of the same color. According to Nayak, the best way to incorporate varying shades of a single color is to use a paint sample strip like you might find at a paint supply store as guidance to achieve a serene look throughout the space. Otherwise, stick to a single shade and carefully play with patterns. For example, pair striped dining room chairs with a patterned rug for a fashion-forward statement.
5. Luxe Modern. A little design secret to keep in mind: mixing metals is back and in a big way. Nayak encourages DIYers to complement metallic accents, instead of matching them. She suggests creating a palette of two to four metal tones and distributing them throughout the space in ways that are intentional and maintain balance. For a look that is glam, yet modern, consider pairing rose gold with pewter or brushed gold and stainless steel.
Visit FrogTape.com/Trends for more trend information and ideas.
Ingenious and easy to achieve, these rising trends for 2019 will provide the necessary inspiration to update your home’s interiors.